Sunday, January 3, 2016

Oracle of the Week - 1/3/2016




One of the new features will be the Oracle of the week... Sunday mornings I will pull an oracle card that will give an idea of the feel for the week. I have a couple of Oracle Decks and a couple of Tarot Decks and will be pulling from them all throughout the year...

I will start with my first card from the Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards by Doreen Virtue ...


The Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards is 44 cards focusing on Goddesses from different religious traditions and beliefs. It includes the more well known like Kali, Isis and Mother Mary to some of the not well known such as Hathor, Freyja and White and Green Taras.

As I sat down to shuffle the deck, I was thinking about what I wanted to know for the next week. What was this card going to show me. I shuffled the cards several times, cut it in to three piles and pulled the top card off the middle pile. It was...


BRIGIT - 
Lesson - Don't Back Down
Quote - "Stand up for what you believe is right."

The thing that I love about these Oracle cards is that you can look at the pictures and get some ideas but the author of the cards (Doreen Virtue) gives a breakdown of all the cards in a nice little book that comes with the cards. The description and write up is usually about a page and a half. It includes a Message about (the Goddess) section, Also Various Meanings of the Card and a paragraph about (the Goddess).

So, according to Ms. Virtue and the Goddess Guidance Oracle Cards, the message from Brigit is to "first, be quite clear about your intentions. If your unclear then confusion will lessen your power and force. Like a candle in the dark, be very clear and bright in what is acceptable to you in this situation. Make no mistake: I will guide and protect you. And yet, think of the unparalleled rise in your own viewpoint if you are to stand up for yourself, and speak up about your needs and deepest truth! Now is the time to touch your power, for its heat and flame will ignite your passion, which will propel you forward in countless ways. Even in the face of fear, you can still stand up for your ideals and your truth. Be unwavering, and make your stand today!"

The Various Meanings of This Card can include being assertive, not worrying about what others think, trusting that your actions will work out fine. Speaking your truth, putting your foot down and sticking to your own opinions.

So that is the first Oracle Card of the year, it is a good one at this time, as it reminds me to be firm in my beliefs and my intentions. This will come in handy, I think...

No comments:

Post a Comment