Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Blog Challenge - Day 13

My Dream Job…


I am a social worker who works with the elderly to keep them in their homes. What I really want to be is a stay at home mom…now there are a few issues with that, continue reading to find out more…

I have been a social worker for 15 years. My first jobs were with juveniles in the juvenile detention realm. I interned at a semi residential facility for at risk youth and I also worked for a juvenile detention diversion program. Then I moved on to my “passion field,” domestic violence. I worked at a domestic violence shelter for 2 ½ years. That is a hard job. I burnt out pretty quickly. I was done by the time my family decided to move and leave the area in South Florida where we were living. When we moved to Northern Nevada I went to work for Child Protective Services, I know, the EVIL CPS!!!!! I was the one who took all the calls, I hardly ever did investigations. I was there for 4 years and then I moved to working with the elderly. I worked with this population in Northern Nevada for 4 years. Then hubby and I moved to Southern Nevada and I have worked with the same population for 2 years here. I love my job.



But, I really would like to not have to go to work every day! I would love to be a stay at home (fill in the blank). Earlier I said stay at home mom, the problem with this is that I do not have children. I am almost 38 years old, I am thinking that I may be running out of time to have the mom title. So, I will say a stay at home (fill in the blank). I would love to be a writer, I used to write stories when I was growing up and I would love to write a book, however, I think that there are so many books on the market, how could you ever get noticed?!? I would love to do what others have done, have a blog and a YouTube channel and make money doing something I love. I know I have written before about my current dream of living in the van and traveling and blogging about it. I am not sure how feasible of an idea this would be…

The other dream that I have would be to own my own business, something like a book store. I love to read and think that this would be so fun. I would love to have a little niche bookstore, with a theme and maybe have a little coffee/tea shop in the store. But, with the advent of the Kindle and all the other readers out there, who actually goes into a book store anyway.

I would love to work for myself, no boss, no real schedule…

I think I need to win the lottery!



No comments:

Post a Comment