Sunday, June 28, 2015

Blog Challenge - Day 18

My favorite childhood book...


I am an avid reader and I credit my mother with that. I grew up reading and being read to, by my mom, my grand parents and my great grandmother. I think that I have to talk about 3 different books or sets of books to talk about my favorite.

The first is the Little House on the Prairie books by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I loved these books, I loved the adventures and the relationships, and, later, this would become one of my favorite television shows too!

The second is a book called Wait Til Helen Comes by Mary Downing Hahn. This book started my love of the horror genre. It is a ghost story. It is well written and scared the pants off me.

Then, when I got older, I started to read Phyllis A. Whitney. I devoured these books. I still look for them when I am at the library or online. Sadly she passed away in 2008, but she was 104 years old so she had a LONG life. I believe that this is the author that made me continue to love reading.

I love to read, I usually have at least one if not more, books that I am reading (or want to read) at a time. I can not be without a book, which is why the Kindle is such an amazing invention, I can have over 1000 books at my fingertips at any time!

In an upcoming post I will discuss my current favorites and the books that I could read over and over again...



No comments:

Post a Comment