Monday, June 29, 2015

Blog Challenge - Day 19

What’s in my closet…


A lot less then there was a few weeks ago…

Last weekend, I went through my closet since I have now officially lost 50 pounds. A lot of my clothes had gotten too big, I had a large section in my closet which I could not wear. So, I downsized. I started filling a large garbage bag with shirts, then another with pants. Then I moved to my dresser. I made myself a deal that if it said 26+ or 3X on it, it was gone. All in all, I donated 80 pounds of clothing to a local charity. I left quite a bit of stuff in my closet and I still think that I need to go through it some more. The pants I am wearing today are too big, I have another bag started and every time I find something else that is too big, in the bag it goes. Pretty soon, I will run out of clothes all together! I have replaced with a few new items. I am obsessed with Maxi skirts right now. I have 6 of them, although 2 of them I have had for a while and are not my favorites. I will not be buying anything in the month of July, so I hope I don’t run out of clothing until after the end of the month…

Layout of the closet…

We have a walk in closet, in the shape of an L. My hubby has about 1/8 of the closet. I have the rest. Does that sound like average. Also in the closet is purses and shoes and my laundry basket. I have one of those baskets that’s actually 3-in-1. One section for darks, one for lights and another for underwear. I LOVE it since I HATE to do laundry. At least this takes away the sorting step…

We also use our closet for some storage (not as much as before, but, still…). There are things up on the shelves that we just don’t know what else to do with. This will be where we start for the July Downsizing project.


No comments:

Post a Comment