Saturday, June 13, 2015

Blog Challenge - Day 3

My Family…


My family is very important to me. It always has been, even though it has changed significantly over the years.

Growing up, it was me and my mom. I don’t know my father. Never met him, at least that I can remember. My mom’s parents and my maternal grandmother’s mother (my great grandmother) lived close. This was my family. We spent all our time together, my great grandmother watched me in the summer and on the weekends when my mom worked. We moved to Florida and my grandfather’s mother and aunt were also close but they passed away when I was little and I really don’t remember them very well.

When I got a little older, my mom’s sister and her family moved to town. I have three male cousins that I was smack dab in the middle of, age wise. We all got along pretty well. I think I said in yesterday’s post that I was the only girl, so I was spoiled. Two of my cousins are very sports oriented and the other is sports oriented and musically oriented. I only have the musical part. We all were pretty close. Then as we got older, they started to move away. My oldest cousin went out of state for school and now lives in Colorado (he did come back to Florida for a while and has his wife and two littles). My middle cousin moved all over the place and now is in Southern California with his wife and their littles. My youngest cousin remains in Florida with his girlfriend (oops, fiancĂ©) and their little. (I don’t have any littles, that doesn’t seem fair, does it.)

My mom and her sister and I moved to Nevada about 10 years ago. That was my family for a while. My mom’s parents and my maternal grandmother passed away before we moved. Within 2 years of each other (it was not the easiest time, it’s also about the time we were dealing with the hurricanes, see yesterday’s post).

I met my hubby in 2007 and we got married in 2008. In 2013 we moved from Northern Nevada to Southern Nevada but my mom and her sister remain in Northern Nevada. That is very difficult as my mom and I have been very close my whole life (single mom/only child). She visits a lot though…His mom and one of his sisters (who are twins) live in California. The other sister lives in Oklahoma. We don’t see them very often, but my hubby’s father is now living with us. So we see him a lot! We also have the pups, red dog and grey dog.

I have lots of extended family too, lots of second and third cousins, some I know, some I don’t, lots that I am friends with on Facebook…
Then there are the friends that are like family…

So there you have it, my family though the years. Stay tuned to find out about the strange things I do when I’m alone…


No comments:

Post a Comment