Thursday, July 2, 2015

Blog Challenge - Day 22

My view on religion…


Oh, what possessed me to make this a Blog Challenge topic…

I guess the short answer would be, everyone should be able to worship how they see fit.

A bit of background. I was raised Catholic. We went to church and everything. Was baptized when I was little. As I grew up though, we stopped going to church.

I knew that there were more religions than just Catholic. One of my friends was Jewish, and another was Mormon (I said Merry Christmas and she told me about it). But I only knew what I was raised. I was even homeschooled for a couple of years using a Christian based home school company.

When I was in college, I had a friend who was Wiccan. She had all these books and the conversations that we would have were eye opening and enlightening. I began to see that there was more out there than Christianity.

I do not necessarily know WHAT I am, I am more of a spiritual person, I believe in Higher Power. But to narrow it down to Catholic, Jewish or Wiccan… I don’t think I can do that…



No comments:

Post a Comment