Sunday, June 7, 2015

Coconut Lavender Foot Scrub

So, I think I mentioned before that I am obsessed with essential oils...Well I have gotten it in my mind that I am going to make all of my skin care products now. The first one I decided to try out was a foot scrub, since it is getting to be summer and my feet are, well, hideous.

I love skin care products from the store, however, they are expensive so I don't get them often. A container of foot scrub can run you upwards of $15.00 (if not more). So I searched Pinterest, got all the best ideas and put them to work.

COCONUT LAVENDER FOOT SCRUB


I wanted something to get the dead skin and stuff off my feet, I usually end up soaking my feet at the end of the day so figured I would make it lavender to help soothe me to sleep (to go with the bath salts and body butter that I also plan to make, stay tuned).
The ingredients were simple: fine and coarse salt, coconut oil, Vitamin e oil (I used cuticle oil from Sally's Beauty Supply) and Lavender Essential Oil (I used Plant Therapy).

lavender scrub pictures 004

I planned to make just enough for a cup so I used an 8oz mason jar.

lavender scrub pictures 005

(I forgot to take pictures while I measured out the ingredients) First I measured out the salt and then I added the coconut oil (IT SMELLED SO GOOD) and the Vitamin E oil. I mixed everything together then started adding the essential oil. The coconut oil is pretty strong so it is really very light when it comes to the lavender scent. Mixed it all up and then put it in the jar. There turned out to be a little extra, since I added a little extra salt to get it to be not so runny, I will probably use less coconut oil next time since it is always hot here...or I may use a different kind of oil, since I really wanted it to smell more like lavender.

lavender scrub pictures 003

So, here is the finished product, not the best picture, but I didn't realize it until I uploaded it.

lavender scrub pictures 006

I know I have to let it meld together, however, I really want to use it right now. Guess I will use my scrub from the store tonight, and my new one tomorrow. Will let you know how it turns out.

Oh, I guess I should explain the ingredients...

Well, its time to get the week started again, see you soon!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment