Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Obsessed

So, I have decided that I am obsessed...

With Essential Oils...

About a year ago, I was at a training and I got a horrible headache. The organizer of the training heard me asking for ibuprofen and offered to assist. She pulled out this little zippered case and out came a small bottle of peppermint oil. She rubbed it on my neck and temples and within 15 minutes the headache was gone. I did not think much of it until a few months ago, when the same thing happened. Well, I had to get my own. So I have ordered several different oils from several different companies and have been trying them out. I got a diffuser to put in the bedroom to help me sleep and I want to learn all I can. I am ordered some other supplies and I am going to do some experimenting this weekend and try to make some body butter and maybe even some lip balm.

I want more oils...

But, I live in Las Vegas, where it is over 100 degrees in the shade. I am afraid to order anymore for fear that the heat will destroy them. I also am afraid to by cocoa or shea butter or beeswax for fear that they will melt. I am not sure how to solve my dilemma. I guess I will do some research and see if there are any companies in town that sell the supplies so that I don't have to wait until winter.

On another note, I exercised again today. Woke up this morning and thought about getting up and going for a walk, but my body said NO. I don't know what is going on with me, I walk up more tired than when I go to bed. So I went to work and watched my FitBit numbers NOT go up. I got home from work and really did not want to get on the treadmill, but told myself to get my lazy ass on it and walk for at least 15 minutes. I walked for 22 minutes. YAY!!! I watched part of Frozen to get through it. Did I mention that I HATE THE TREADMILL. But when you live in Las Vegas, you have to make due...

I am hoping that this will be a pattern, I am changing my work schedule so that I can go in a little early and come home a little early so that I can get my exercise in when I get home, before I eat dinner. (I don't have to worry about making dinner as Hubby is the cook in our house, plus, Nutrisystem is usually microwaveable).

I guess we'll see!


No comments:

Post a Comment