Monday, July 20, 2015

Monday - Listless No More - Cars

Today's list is about the cars I have owned and a few that I want!


  • My first car was a Nissan 200SX - my mom bought her for me at Christmas when I was 16. One of my presents was a small box with a set of keys in it, I had no idea what it was all about until I went outside. I didn't even see the car at first because I was so excited (also the fact that it was up on the side of the house on the grass, where no car should have ever been probably helped). It belonged to a friend of hers and I loved it so much. When I moved on to my next car, this one actually went to my younger cousin. 
  • The second car that I owned was a Saturn sedan. It was the older body style. I LOVED that car. It had the automatic seat belts (I don't know why that was one of my favorite features). It was totaled in a car wreck when I was in college, actually a day before I was supposed to graduate with my bachelor's degree. 
  • After the car wreck, I took over my mom's Saturn, it was the newer body style (it was a bubble) and it was not my favorite color (it was GOLD). But it was a car. It was a good car that got me where I needed to go...which at that time, was to Orlando to go to graduate school.
  • I didn't last long in Orlando (I will talk about that another day). So I went back to South Florida and worked for a while. That is when I bought my first (and only, so far) brand new car. It had 5 whole miles on it when I drove off the lot. It was a Hyundai Santa Fe... I loved that car. I miss my SUV. My SUV got me across country to Nevada. It got squished in a hurricane. It is actually still in the family as my mother now drives it. Sometimes, I want it back!
  • We moved to Northern Nevada and I drove my SUV for several more years. Then, we had a bad winter (well, one bad storm, really). My husband had driven an Audi A4 with Quattro. He could not get sideways in it in the snow (believe me, he tried). So after the bad winter, I decided I wanted an Audi... like, REALLY wanted one. So we looked and looked and found one at a small dealership. So I went and got it. It was 7 years old and had almost 100,000 miles on it, but I did not care. I wanted it. It is the current car that I own. It is now 10 years old. It has made the trip from Northern Nevada to Southern Nevada many times. It has more than 100,000 miles on it. And I want a new car. 

What new car do you want, you may be asking... I am so obsessed with the Jeep Renegade right now. I want this car. But it is brand new. It has only been on the showroom floor for about 3 months (it came out in April 2015). I really don't want a bunch of glitches and issues so I am trying to wait, but it is hard. SO. HARD!!!




Isn't it cute?!?!?

Some of my other favorites right now are the GMC Terrain, the Chevy Camaro and, for some reason, the Toyota Prius. But, I really, really, really want the Jeep Renegade. 


Did I mention I want the Jeep Renegade?


No comments:

Post a Comment