Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Dutch - Its been 3 months


Its been about three months since my puppy, Dutch, passed away (well, not a puppy, but you know...) I miss him but it is getting better. I don't constantly think about him anymore. I am not in tears, as much. Our other dog is still getting spoiled (extra treats, getting on the bed), but I am not as stressed that something is going to happen to him.

Last night, Dutch came to visit me in my dreams. It has been a rough couple months. I have been stressed at work, stressed at home (just life in general) and then, to top it all off, the election was yesterday. It did not go at all how I would have liked. I was so stressed last night. When I went to bed, I was so worried about what our lives would become, what our COUNTRY would become.

Then, in the middle of the dream, I turned around and there he was. There was no one else in the dream that I recognized. I was not at home, my other dog was not there, it was just one of those random dreams. But Dutch was there. I went to him and was petting and loving him. He looked at me and disappeared. I think he knew that I was stressed, so came to help. I woke up and actually felt better. I could breathe.

I miss him, but it is getting better.


No comments:

Post a Comment